As another Summer starts here in Margate so does the ritual of dropping off the kids at Camp by the Sea at the JCC. The safety of your children is the highest priority of the Margate City Police Department and we would like to remind all parents and those frequenting the area of some basic traffic safety.
- Please cross the street at marked crosswalks near a traffic light. It is extremely dangerous to cross Jerome Avenue in the morning anywhere but at the traffic light.
- For your safety, please do not stop in the middle of a traffic lane on Jerome Ave.
- If you are dropping off campers and do not wish to park, please use the drop off area at the Early Childhood Education Center entrance to the JCC on Fulton Ave. where Camp By The Sea staff can escort your child to the appropriate area.
- Don’t let your young children cross the street by themselves. Having a taller and more cautious adult nearby and in control makes everyone more visible to oncoming traffic and much safer.
- DO NOT assume cars will stop or that everyone can see you. Make sure to use precaution even when crossing the street at the crosswalk.
There will be officers out in the mornings all summer long to try to be visible and keep people safe. Pay attention to the officers and make sure to follow their instructions.
If you have any questions feel free to speak to any officer you see or call their 24/7 dispatch line at 609-822-1151.