Camp By The Sea Days are filled with fun, age – appropriate activities, trips and exciting programs for children ages 2 – 16 all under the supervision of experienced teachers and counselors.
For more information visit campbythesea.org, call 609-822-1167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Camp programs for children ages 2-4 have two, three and five day per week options and are available for full day or half day.
• Camp programs for children in grades K-8 are five days per week, full day
• Full day: 9:00am – 4:00pm (Shacar/Shacar Katan pickup is at 3:45pm)
• Half day: 9:00am – 12:30pm for Shacar & Specialty Camps (Shacar Katan pickup is at 12:00pm)
• Extended care is available before and after camp for an additional fee.
Morning care: 7:30-9:00am
Afternoon care: 4:00-6:00pm
-Per session: $15
-Morning only: $45 per week
-Afternoon only: $50 per week
-Morning and afternoon combination: $75 per week
All Camp By The Sea families must have a JCC Family Annual Membership or a JCC Camp Family Membership valid through August 31, 2017. “Specialty Camps” and the Road Rulz Teen Tour are open to both JCC members and guests. JCC Camp Family membership is a four month membership for campers attending 4-8 weeks of Camp By The Sea. The cost of this membership is only $550 and gives your family access to the JCC facilities, camp and programs from May 1-August 31, 2017. For camp families attending 1-3 weeks of Camp By The Sea, the cost is only $350 for one month of JCC membership.
LUNCH & TRANSPORTATION
A lunch option is available for purchase on days where an offsite trip is not scheduled. Packed lunches should always be dairy (non-meat).
Shuttle transportation is available before and after camp to and from 2501 Shore Rd, Northfield, NJ 08225.
MEDICAL & HEALTH FORMS
All campers must provide the JCC with a copy of a Health and Immunization form signed by an examining physician before they begin camp. Blank forms are available online at campbythesea.org. There will be a camp nurse or EMT on premises from 9:00am- 4:00pm daily. If a camper requires medication administration during the camp day, specific forms must be completed and signed. Click here for Health and Immunization form.
PAYMENT & PAYMENT PLANS
All camp payments and JCC membership must be paid in full by Thursday, June 1, 2017 or a formal payment plan must be arranged with the camp office. No child will be permitted to attend Camp By The Sea until this is completed. A formal payment plan must consist of monthly post-dated checks and/or a credit card to be charged on an agreed upon date. Payment plans must be paid in full by August 1, 2017 unless special arrangements are approved by the Camp Director.
A $25 administrative fee will be applied when switching weeks of enrollment or camp programs after July 1, 2017. There will be no administrative fee to add weeks.
The Katz JCC strives to ensure that no child is denied a camp experience. Financial Assistance is available and based upon need and availability of allocated funds. The application must be completed and submitted with all necessary documentation and a $200 refundable deposit by Monday, April 10, 2017. Click here for application.
Parents/Guardians are responsible for adhering to the content of the Parent Handbook. Click here the Parent Handbook.
PROGRAMS & FACILITIES
- All facilities and programs are specially designed to meet the needs of each age group
- Children in Gesher, Chaverim & Shacar receive two instructional swim lessons per week in the JCC’s indoor and outdoor pools
- Special Events – Camp Carnival, Color War, Game Shows, Professional Entertainers, Concerts, Dance Troupes, Talent Shows, Moon Bounces, Theme Days and more!
- Sports Clinics and Games – gaga, soccer, tennis, kickball and basketball in the JCC gym and Margate Recreation Fields
- Educational Nature Room – live animal zoo and lots of museum specimens
- Judaic and Israeli programming – special Israel day, Challah workshops, Friday Shabbat concerts and Israeli Schlichim counselors
Our dedicated and responsible camp staff is carefully selected for their skill, experience and interest in working with children. They are excellent role models and mentors bringing creativity and enthusiasm to camp. All staff receive extensive training prior to the summer and during the camp season to ensure they are providing the highest quality care for all children. Background checks are conducted on staff over 18 years old.